John & Tatiana Moore Internship Fund
Based on a generous gift from John and Tatiana Moore, the Department of Communication is pleased to provide stipends of up to $2,000 to Communication majors who have received internships related to their course of study during the summer of 2023. Preference will be given to sophomores and juniors who have secured internships at organizations located in a major metropolitan area. Recipients will also be selected according to the quality of their internship and their financial need.
To apply for the stipend, submit the following materials to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 24.
- A cover page that includes your name, concentration in Communication Studies, year in school, phone number, and email address
- A description of the organization, the start and end dates for the internship, a statement regarding whether the internship is paid or unpaid, and an explanation of the internship responsibilities, not to exceed one page
- An explanation of how the internship is connected to your academic courses and career goals
- A letter (or email message) from the internship supervisor, including phone number and email address, that confirms the internship and its dates
- A budget that includes anticipated expenses, such as housing, transportation, and food
- A statement of financial need
Stipends of up to $2,000 may be awarded. The stipend may be used to defray costs for travel, housing, and other expenses during the internship period. Recipients of the stipend will be notified by April 7th, 2023.
Before funds will be disbursed, applicants will need to complete the Department of Communication’s internship application and have the internship approved for academic credit. All recipients will be expected to provide receipts for costs that were defrayed by the fund and to submit an internship summary at the completion of it.