V. William Balthrop Internship
The Department of Communication at UNC-Chapel Hill is pleased to announce that RLF Communications in Greensboro, N.C., will be reserving a paid internship each semester for one student in the Department in the role of Communications Specialist. Mr. Monty Hagler, CEO of RLF, and a graduate of the Department, said that this would be the V. William Balthrop Internship, in honor of Professor Balthrop, who had been his mentor when he was an undergraduate. Responsibilities of the V. William Balthrop Intern will include:
- Gain real-world PR experience in an agency setting
- Work closely with mid and senior-level account executives
- Work on a variety of projects in paid, earned, owned and shared media
- Collaborate on multiple client accounts
- Work directly with clients
And benefits will include:
- Build valuable verbal and written communication skills
- Create a portfolio of writing sample
- Work in a great office environment in the heart of downtown Greensboro
- Participate in networking opportunities
- Participate as a full Staff member including going on company outings and celebrations
- Mentoring lunch with CEO
Here is how to apply for the V. William Balthrop Internship:
HOW TO APPLY: Send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples (blog posts, marketing materials etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE: Application deadline TBA with interviews TBA (in person or via Skype if needed).
REQUIREMENTS: Student must identify them-self as a UNC COMM Student to be considered for the Balthrop Internship.
QUESTIONS: Contact the internship coordinator, Madison Croxson with any questions via the interns mailbox (email) above.