Remote Communications Intern
Company/Organization Name Refugees International Internship Title Remote Communications Intern Internship Duration Fall 2020 Internship Description Refugees International is seeking a talented communications intern to work remotely with its team this fall. The communications intern will support Refugees International’s communications team with graphic design; social media and email marketing; public, NGO, and policymaker outreach; media relations and monitoring; and contact database management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with web publishing and maintenance on Refugees International’s Squarespace-based website.
• Help promote Refugees International’s work on social media, research social media best practices, and design digital graphics, GIFs, and videos.
• Copy edit public outreach and media materials.
• Build media reports and targeted media contact lists on issues relevant to ongoing Refugees International advocacy and research.
• Assist with edits and updates to contact database and disseminate communications via the Marketo email marketing system.
• Keep current on stories related to Refugees International’s work in major news outlets.
• Assist with meetings, webinars, and special projects as they arise.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Have experience in the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Be able to represent Refugees International in a professional manner.
• Be original, creative, and willing to learn.
• Be passionate about Refugees International’s work and mission.
We are looking for a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week, Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 5:00 p.m. ET. Candidates will work remotely with a U.S. East Coast-based team. Please note that internships are unpaid but we can help facilitate academic credit.
Supervisor / Hire Name Arden Bentley Supervisor / Hire Email firstname.lastname@example.org Supervisor / Hire Phone Number 202 828 0110 Application Deadline August 23rd, 2020 Application Process https://www.refugeesinternational.org/communications-intern Application Process (ONLY use if application is not ONLINE) Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Communications Intern”” in the title by August 23rd, 2020. This position is remote. Please note that this position is unpaid, but we can help facilitate academic credit. Internship Type Unpaid Is this internship opportunity provided by an Alum? UNC Chapel Hill Alum