Marketing and Communications Internship Biostatistics Department
Start now and continue into 2022 at the School of Public Health
There are two positions available, one concentrating on story writing and social media and one concentrating on story writing and website development. However, there will be overlapping duties and cross-training. Jobs will start as virtual and later in year transition to in-person. We would like 2nd year students to consider this role.
We have a part-time work opportunity (approx. 10 hours per week) for a motivated UNC student to assist in providing the department’s overall communications, web development, and support social media outlets. Tasks in addition to a monthly digital publication and an annual printed publication will include a variety of communications tasks. The intern will assist in the content development, story writing, and updating of departmental and research project websites.
- Develop content for monthly department publications.
- Create and maintain WordPress sites including configuration, theming, etc.
- Create digital designs for department events and publications.
- Assist in managing Bios’ current social media and assist in planning the social media schedule.
- Create reports on social media and email marketing trends, best practices, and emerging technologies with a special focus on biostatistics and data science.
- Conduct research on social media practices of UNC Bios and peer institutions.
- Coordinating and maintaining contact databases, particularly for grass roots efforts
- Basic organizational needs
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Currently enrolled in communications or journalism school undergraduate program (Love of UNC-CH is a bonus!)
- Candidate must have proficient understanding of basic technological skills that will allow them to adapt quickly to working with new software resources
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience with WordPress, HTML, CSS or willingness to learn
- Flexible and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills: the ability to multi-task and maintain focus, organized
- Able to work and complete tasks under a deadline
- Sensitivity to cultural and artistic diversity
Send resume and email to: BiosCommunications@unc.edu subject: Comm Intern Application